Before you submit your film, please read these Rules and Terms.
By submitting your film into competition in the Blue Star International Film Festival, you agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules and Terms.
Blue Star International Film Festival is open to any film completed. Submitting your film is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website. All the winning films will receive a certificate.
1. Blue Star International Film Festival only accepts digital submissions.
2. Films made in languages other than Portuguese or English must have English subtitles. With the exception of Portuguese films that do not need subtitles.If your are selected you will need to send english subtitles, even if your film is in English. And a version without subtitles.
3. Blue Star International Film Festival is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. Blue Star International Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Blue Star International Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. Blue Star International Film Festival will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the Blue Star International Film Festival programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
8. An official selection and a nominee will be privately screened for the Blue Star International Film Festival judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. All the Best films of each category will receive a digital certificate.
10. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer, poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
12. Blue Star International Film Festival may without advance notice amend these Rules and Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules and Terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Blue Star International Film Festival reserves the right to hold a public exhibition in the city of the edition. Therefore, all filmmakers understand and accept a grant full and unrestricted permission for Blue Star International Film Festival to screen the film at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Short Film Programs.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the festival Blue Star International Film Festival from any and all liability for dam-ages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival Blue Star International Film Festival is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening.. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival Blue Star International Film Festival assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this film at the actual event.
The Blue Star International Film Festival reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.